Café Coffee Day, a part of Coffee Day Global Limited, is India’s favourite hangout for coffee and conversations. Popularly known as CCD, provides the best experience to our guests. CCD was originally formed as a partnership firm constituted under the Indian Partnership Act, 1932 on February 1, 2008, under the name Coffeeday Holding Co.
CoffeeDay Holding Co. was thereafter converted from a partnership firm to a private limited company under Part IX of the Companies Act, 1956 as Coffee Day Holdings Company Private Limited. The name of the Company was changed to Coffee Day Resorts Private Limited and subsequently, as Coffee Day Enterprises Private Limited. This Company was converted into a public limited company and the name of the Company was changed to Coffee Day Enterprises Limited thereafter.
About the Company
- The Company was formed as a partnership firm on February 1, 2008 under the name Coffeeday Holding Co.
- Coffeeday Holding Co. was thereafter converted from a partnership firm to a private limited company as Coffee Day Holdings Company Private Limited.
- The name of the Company was changed to Coffee Day Resorts Private Limited and subsequently, as Coffee Day Enterprises Private Limited.
- The Company was converted into a public limited company and the name of the Company was changed to Coffee Day Enterprises Limited thereafter.
- Cafe Coffee Day (CCD) is an Indian cafe chain, offering a wider range of Food & Beverages.
- The first cafe was opened in 1996 at Brigade Road in Bangalore and CCD currently owns and operates 1192 cafes and 412 Value Express outlets in India across 208 cities in the country.
- A vertically integrated coffee business that pioneered the coffee culture in the café chain segment in India, and includes a vending business and retailing of coffee products.
- Café Coffee Day Outlets
- Café Coffee Day, a part of Coffee Day Global Limited, is India’s favourite hangout for coffee and conversations. Colloquially renowned as ‘CCD’ and the coffees are sourced from thousands of small coffee planters.
- The Square
- Aimed at the well-travelled coffee aficionado, this premium café offers exclusive single-origin coffees sourced from around the world. It also offers a variety of food that perfectly complements the range of coffees. The Square showcases a boutique of brewing systems and coffee beans for the connoisseur and the well-travelled. They are present in four cities with eight outlets.
- Café Coffee Day Value Xpress
- Launched in 2003, this is the on-the-go food and beverage kiosk. Over the years, the Company has grown to 412 kiosks across 24 cities in India. The Company is also focused on selectively expanding the Value Xpress kiosks across high-demand locations like corporate offices, institutions and hospitals.
- Coffee Day Fresh & Ground
- This division serves fresh beans and powder to customers from 375 Fresh & Ground (F&G) outlets across seven states in India. The Company has also introduced a specialised coffee machine called ‘Kaapiguru’ for our F&G business, which is used by numerous restaurants and eateries.
- Coffee Day exports
- Coffee Day is one of India’s leading coffee exporters with clients across Europe, the Middle East, South East Asia and North America. The Company has entered into long- and short term contracts to export coffee beans at prevailing market rates set on international coffee exchanges.
- Coffee Day Beverages
- This is the largest vending machine chain in India for fresh milk and roasted coffee beans with 56,500+ machines in India currently. The Company has entered into a joint venture agreement with WMF, Germany.
- International cafés
- The Company’s first international café was opened in Vienna in the year 2005. Today, the Company has 17 outlets in Austria, the Czech Republic, Egypt, Malaysia and Nepal.
- SICAL Logistics
- Founded in 1955, SICAL is India’s leading integrated logistics solutions provider with over six decades of experience in providing end-to-end logistics solutions. Acquired in 2011, SICAL has since then made significant investments in logistics-related infrastructure and has expanded to capture opportunities in various business segments, such as mining, port logistics, road and rail transport, container freight station, warehousing and shipping.
- Tanglin Developments
- Tanglin, founded in 1995, is engaged in the development of technology parks and SEZs, offering bespoke facilities for IT and IT-enabled services.
- The Serai
- The Serai operates a chain of luxury resorts, known as The Serai, owned directly through Coffee Day and wholly-owned subsidiary, Coffee Day Hotels & Resorts. The Company launched the hospitality venture in 2006, seeking to share the unique lessons that our chosen properties had to offer.
- Coffee Day Trading
- Coffee Day Trading, formerly known as Global Technology Ventures, is a venture capital firm specialising in early-stage, start-up, and late-stage financing. The firm typically invests in the technology sector and seeks to invest in Indian companies with a focus on Bangalore. Founded in 2000 and headquartered in Bangalore, Coffee Day Trading has invested in Ittiam Systems, Magnasoft and Global Edge Software Limited.
- India coffee cafe market is expected to register growth at a CAGR of over 12% during 2019-2024. The growth of the market can be attributed to the increasing demand from the young population, rising disposable income, rapid urbanization, corporate culture and global lifestyle.
- India ranked seventh in the production of coffee and also in export volumes worldwide and third in Asia after Vietnam and Indonesia with 349 thousand 60-kilo sacks of coffee.
- The coffee segment amounts to the US $808 million in India.
- In India, the average per capita consumption and revenue stood at 0.03 kg and US $0.6 in 2020.
- It is estimated that India now consumes 120,000 tons of coffee per year.
- The global market for Coffee Shops is projected to reach US$237.6 billion by 2025.
- The Company clocked a revenue of INR 2,653.01 million on a consolidated basis in the FY19-20 and INR 227.08 million on a standalone basis.
- The Profit After Tax for FY19-20 was INR 1,848.21 million registering an increase of approx. 1153% over INR 147.23 million recorded during the previous year on a consolidated basis and INR 13,675 million on a standalone basis.
Earning Per Share
- The Earning Per Share of the Company has increased exceptionally by 1378.61% as compared to the EPS registered in FY18-19 on a consolidated basis. On a Standalone basis, the EPS of the Company stood at 64.73 in FY19-20 as compared to (3.21) in the previous year.
- The Company’s net worth stood at INR 4,937 Crores as of 31st March 2020, increasing by 56%, compared with INR 3,166 Crores as of 31st March 2019.
- Operating profit (EBITDA) increased by 104% to INR 1,650 Crores during FY 2019-20 from INR 809 Crores in FY 2018-19.
- Consolidated net profit for the year under review attributable to shareholders of the company stood at INR 1884 Crores over INR127 Crores in the previous financial year thereby representing a growth of 1377%
- Coffee Day Enterprises is present across the following sectors: Coffee, logistics and hospitality.
- 59% of the consolidated net revenue of the Company was contributed by the coffee
- 38% from the logistics business and
- 3% from other operations
- Revenue from our hospitality business increased by 3% from INR 32 Crores in FY 2018-19 to INR 33 Crores in FY 2019-20.
- Coffee Day serves 160 crore cups of coffee annually in six countries. Internationally, CCDs are present in Austria, Czech Republic, Malaysia, Nepal and Egypt.