Indofil Industries Limited is a fully integrated Chemical and research-led company. It has emerged successful due to a simple philosophy of retaining loyalty and enlarging the fold of satisfied customers.
In 1962, Indofil Chemicals Limited was a subsidiary of Rohm and Haas Company, US. The company later merged with Modipon Limited (MPL) and operated as its division till 2006. Thereafter, in 2007, Indofil was separated from MPL and transferred to Indofil Organic Industries Limited (IOIL). In 2010, IOIL was given a new name “Indofil Industries Limited.”
It is a K. K. Modi group flagship company. It has been a renowned name in “agricultural chemicals” and “specialty and performance chemicals” for over five decades. The company aims to become a global leader in growth with customer success.
About the Company
- Indofil Industries Limited is uniquely placed both in Agricultural Chemicals (ABD) as well as Indofil Innovative Solutions (IIS) Business.
- Indofil Innovative Solutions works with the philosophy to be a solution provider by innovative products for various industries viz. Leather, Textile, Paints, Plastics and Construction Chemicals.
- Indofil Industries Limited (IIL) expertise lies in the manufacturing, distribution, and marketing of agrochemicals and specialty chemicals.
- Indofil Chemicals Limited was incorporated in 1962 as a subsidiary of Rohm and Haas Company, US.
- In 1985, the Company was merged with a listed company called Modipon Limited (MPL) and operated as a division of MPL till 2006. Thereafter, in 2007, Indofil was separated from MPL and transferred and vested with Indofil Organic Industries Limited (IOIL). Further, in 2010, IOIL was rechristened as Indofil Industries Limited (Indofil).
- Headquartered in Mumbai, the Company has 9 zones in India and 10 international offices comprise a workforce of over 1000 people, serving customers across more than 120 countries.
- Indofil has evolved from a single product chemical manufacturing company to an integrated multi-product chemical company. The Company’s presence is strategically spread across three business segments:
- Agro Chemicals
- Indofil Innovative
- IndoLife Super Specialities
- India is the world’s 4th largest producer of agrochemicals after United States, Japan and China and has emerged as the 13th largest exporter of pesticides globally.
- The global market for agrochemicals reached $243.1 billion in 2019 and the market size is expected to reach $336.4 billion by the end of 2026, registering a CAGR of 4.2%.
- India stands fourth in agrochemicals management and its current market value is $4.1 billion. It has been estimated that the market will reach $8.1 billion by 2025. The exports market is expected to reach $4.2 billion by 2025.
- The Global pesticides market was valued at approx. US$ 84.5 billion in 2019, growing at a CAGR of 4.2% from 2015- 2019. The growth was on account of strong economic growth in emerging markets and intensive farming techniques in the pesticides market. Further, the market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 11.5% from 2019-2023 to reach a value of US$ 130.7 billion by 2023.
- Agrochemical Industry in India has a strong capacity base and it is expected to reach 14,93,300 tonnes by 2022.
- With six decades of industry experience, Indofil Industries Limited (Indofil) is one of the largest players in the Agricultural Chemicals as well as Industrial Chemicals segment.
- Indofil Industries Limited is among the leading manufacturers, distributors and marketers of agrochemicals and speciality chemicals with a fully integrated framework across products. Indofil is part of about $ 1.5 billion Modi Enterprises that spans business across diverse sectors.
- The Company distributed a final Dividend of 50 % for the year ended March 31, 2020, i.e. INR 5 for each fully paid-up Equity Shares of INR 10 each and INR 1.50 for each partly paid-up Equity Shares of INR 3 each.
- Over the years, Indofil has provided best-in-class chemicals, both to the domestic and international markets. The products are accredited with international quality standards such as ISO 9001, OHSAS 18001, and ISO 14001. A consistent focus on innovation drives Indofil’s ambition to create an enterprise value of 2 billion dollars in the next three years.
- The Company has 41,000 retailers, 5,200 distributors and 4.35 lakhs of farmers covered through various field activities.
- Over the years, the Company has established a strong foothold in key international markets such as Brazil, Bangladesh, the Philippines and Europe.