About the Company
- Martin & Harris Laboratories Limited is a pharmaceutical company, that manufactures and sells pharmaceutical formulations and is the manufacturing arm of one of India’s most well renowned pharmaceutical company, Svran Group of Companies.
- Martin & Harris Laboratories Ltd incorporated in 1997 at Gurgaon, Haryana is a part of “Apeejay Group”, India’s oldest and largest business conglomerates. Mrs. Sushma Paul Berlia is one of the co-promoter and presidents of Apeejay Stya & Svran Group. Martin & Harris Laboratories Ltd is promoted by her.
- The Company has its units located at Roorkee and UNA Himachal Pradesh. It is constantly taking steps to modernize and expand its manufacturing units to meet international standards.
- Martin & Harris Laboratories Ltd is engaged in the manufacturing of pharmaceuticals, medicinal chemical & botanical products. Besides the core business, it was undertaken the management of its funds through investment in different avenues fetching good returns i.e mutual funds, equity – quoted & unquoted, etc. Following is the revenue contribution from different business verticals.
Industry Overview- Opportunities
- India is the largest provider of generic drugs globally. Indian pharmaceutical sector supplies over 50% of global demand for various vaccines, 40% of generic demand in the US and 25% of all medicine in the UK.
- India enjoys an important position in the global pharmaceuticals sector. The country also has a large pool of scientists and engineers with the potential to steer the industry ahead to greater heights. Presently, over 80% of the antiretroviral drugs used globally to combat AIDS (Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome) are supplied by Indian pharmaceutical firms.
- Indian pharmaceutical sector is expected to grow to US$ 100 billion, while the medical device market is expected to grow US$ 25 billion by 2025.
- India's biotechnology industry comprising biopharmaceuticals, bio-services, bio-agriculture, bio-industry, and bioinformatics. The Indian biotechnology industry was valued at US$ 64 billion in 2019 and is expected to reach US$ 150 billion by 2025.
- India’s domestic pharmaceutical market turnover reached INR 1.4 lakh crore (US$ 20.03 billion) in 2019, up 9.8% y-o-y from INR 129,015 crore (US$ 18.12 billion) in 2018.
- The Company clocked a revenue of INR. 296.67 crores, thereby witnessing a growth of 2.34% in the FY19-20, over the previous years’ revenue.
Earning Per Share
- The Earning Per Share of the Company has increased remarkably to 181.18 showing a 144.67% growth as compared to the EPS registered in FY16-17.
- The Net-Worth for FY19-20 was INR 326.50 crores registering an increase of 26.23% over INR 258.69 crores recorded during the previous year.
- Medicine spending in India is projected to grow 9 12% over the next five years, leading India to become one of the top 10 countries in terms of medical spending.
- The Company is undertaking initiatives to expand for expansion of its business nationally as well as globally.
- It provides – bactericidal antibiotic, Parkinson disease, vaginal infections, antispasmodic drugs, fertilization medicines, progestin medication, vitamin medicines, anabolic steroids, hormonal medicines, an ovulatory stimulant, etc.
- Delite Infra is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Martin & Harris Laboratories Ltd. It is engaged in the business of Derivatives (F&O) trading, office rental income, investment income and gain in sale of shares.
- The Company has a proven track record of Profit after Tax and has increased 121.43% since 2018.